Support for Groups and Individuals
Leading, Developing, and Empowering
CVST is an umbrella charity for the local voluntary sector. Our mission is leading and developing voluntary action and empowering local people.
We have 5 core functions:
- Supporting and promoting voluntary action.
- Providing laison opportunities for the sector to come together, share information, and avoid duplication.
- Developing new initiatives to meet identified unmet needs.
- Representing the broad issues of the sector to statutory partners.
- Acting as a strategic partner.
We deliver the above by the following services:
- Invitation to attend the Tendring Together partnership meetings and associated neighbourhood groups.
- Opportunities to link up with peer groups and peer support.
- Participation in networking events, such as the Town Centre Community Fair, Annual Victorian Christmas Market, Wellbeing Exhibitions, the Community Centre, and Village Hall Forum.
- Funding guidance and identifying funding opportunities.
- ‘Meet the Funder’ seminars.
- Small grants.
- Guidance on completing application forms.
- Organisation health check.
- Support with producing a constitution.
- Guidance on charitable status.
- Charity and company registration.
- Model policies and procedures.
- Quality standards.
- Volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Hosting events – all you need to know.
- Action planning.
- Training opportunities.
- Weekly e-bulletin (recommended).
- Funding news.
- Community Asset Map – an overview of assets in North East Essex.
- Help with setting up new projects – our latest project is SHELLS, a partnership with Summit (mental health charity, helping homeless people with specialist support).
The above services are only a sample of the support services we provide.
Join our networking event for community organisations. Book your place now.
Promoting resilient & dementia friendly communities in Tendring.
Victorian Christmas Market
Book your stand, showcase your craft, and join other local fundraisers at this ever-popular event.
Our community events are the perfect platform for networking and information sharing.