Support for Groups & Individuals
Leading, Developing & Empowering
CVST is an umbrella charity for the local voluntary sector. Our mission is leading and developing voluntary action and empowering local people.
We have 5 core functions which are:
- Supporting and Promoting voluntary action
- Providing Liaison opportunities for the sector to come together, share information and avoid duplication
- Developing new initiatives to meet identified unmet need
- Representing the broad issues of the sector to statutory partners
- Acting as a Strategic partner
We deliver the core functions by providing the following services:
- Invitation to attend the Tendring Together partnership meetings and associated neighbourhood groups
- Opportunities to link up with peer groups and peer support
- Participation in networking events such as the Town Centre Community Fair, Annual Victorian Christmas Market, Wellbeing Exhibitions, the Community Centre and Village Hall Forum
- Funding guidance and identifying funding opportunities
- ‘Meet the Funder’ seminars
- Small grants
- Guidance on completing application forms
- Organisation health check
- Support with producing a constitution
- Guidance on charitable status
- Charity and company registration
- Model policies and procedures
- Quality standards
- Volunteer recruitment and retention
- Hosting events – all you need to know
- Action planning
- Training opportunities
- Weekly E-bulletin (recommended!)
- Funding News
- Community Asset Map – an overview of assets in North East Essex
- Help with setting up new projects – our latest project is SHELLS which is a partnership with Summit, the mental health charity. SHELLS provides specialist support for homeless people
The above services are just a sample of some of the support services we provide.
volunteer film 2021!
How social prescribing saved my life!
Join our networking event for community organisations - Book your place now!
Promoting resilient & dementia friendly communities in Tendring
Victorian Christmas Market
Book your stand and join other local fundraising charities at this popular event
Our community events offer a perfect platform for networking & information sharing