Supporting the community whatever the weather
The CVST Resilience Project targets our most vulnerable residents of Tendring, to encourage them to keep healthy and warm during the
winter, and safe and well during the summer.
We can help with:
- Winter Warmth items, including blankets, hot water bottles, gloves etc.
- Summer safety advice.
- Money savings tips, winter/summer safety talks and fuel poverty training.
- Information on local food banks, warm hubs and lunch clubs.
- Referrals to Social Prescribing and other organisations for follow-up support.
- Visiting neighbourhoods that are recognised areas of high poverty and low income.
- Cost of Living Crisis Action Group to work with partnersto tackle poverty and inequality.
- Seasonal funding grants programme to support voluntary and community organisations on the ground.
For more information on the activities we run as part of our Resilience Project click on the links below:
CVST Lunch Club
You have the opportuntiy to get out of the house and meet old friends at our community lunch club. Treat yourself to a nice, hot, well-cooked, and heart-warming meal, with old and new friends, in a friendly place.
Find out more about our Lunch Club here
Cost of Living Support
We understand what a worrying time this is with rising utility bills, food and goods prices causing concern and pressure to families across Tendring. To help, we have compiled this page of information and links to help you find the support you need, whether that is grants or financial support, money saving tips, support schemes, or food banks.
Find out more about our Cost of Living Support here
Find out what we do in Clacton
Find out what we do in Harwich
Find out what we do in Jaywick Sands
Find out about our resilience project
FUNDING & SUPPORT
For local voluntary organisations & charities
Find out more about volunteering
Find out about our Social Prescribing Service
Find out about The Cultural Awareness Project
Find out more about HILL here
Who We Are
At Community Voluntary Services Tendring our mission is 'leading and supporting voluntary action and empowering local people'. We aim to support, promote and develop the community and voluntary sector...
Keep up to date with the latest news from CVST, via our E-bulletin and news page, where you can find information on direct support and services, job opportunities, funding opportunities and volunteering.
CVST offer three levels of membership: Full, Associate and friend of CVST. By becoming affiliated to CVST local voluntary and community groups can benefit from many services...