Become a member
CVST offer three levels of membership: Full, Associate and Friend of CVST. Full criteria and benefits are described within the application guidelines. You can download the guidelines and application form from the bottom of this page.
By becoming affiliated to CVST local voluntary and community groups can benefit from the following services:
- Newsletter packed with local and national news of voluntary sector gossip, events, government legislation, training opportunities, and fundraising information.
- Access to Charitybuilder, a new online service that helps community and voluntary organisations become compliant quickly, easily and it’s free to our members. It includes assistance with Human Resources, Health & Safety, insurance, volunteering and more.
- Advice and information – just ask! All questions welcome.
- Weekly Funding Advice Workshop – members can pop in with queries about their funding application.
- Secretarial services, including photocopying, use of computer facilities, poster and invitation designs, typing.
- Hall Hire – meeting room, hall, IT Suite and counselling room at a reduced rate.
- Hire of Beach Hut at a reduced rate.
- Funderfinder service – a computerised ‘best match’ service which identifies the grant making trust(s) most likely to fund your project.
- Opportunity to take part in the Annual Victorian Christmas Market, the Annual Volunteers Awards and “Thank You” Evening, (over 200 attend this evening of dancing to live music with buffet and raffle) Annual Conference, Community Exhibitions and Events.
- Library Lending service – books for all voluntary/community group needs such as ‘The Minute Secretary’s Handbook, The Treasurer’s Handbook, The Complete Fundraising Handbook, Organising an event, How to make successful grant applications, Public Speaking and presentations, How to organise an AGM, Working with the media, Recruiting and Supporting Volunteers and many more.
- Training events – for example: Role of the Trustee, Customer Care, Making Successful Grant Applications, Data Protection, Forward Planning, Disability Awareness.
- Developing partnerships with statutory agencies – we can help groups to work with the District Council, NEE NHS PCT, Essex County Council, Rural Development, Crime and Disorder. We also encourage all partners to sign up to the Local Compact, a process of good practice for partnership working.
List of affiliated members
- CARA (Centre for Action on Rape and Abuse
- Carers First
- Catch 22 Colchester
- CFM Essex
- Christ Light International Christian Centre (Solid Rock Light Chapel)
- Citizens Advice Bureau Tendring
- Clacton & District Local History Society
- Clacton & District Table Tennis League
- Clacton Concert Orchestra
- Clacton Constituency Conservative Association
- Clacton Debating Society
- Clacton Lions Club (CIO)
- Clacton on Sea Bowling Club
- Clacton on Sea Carpet Bowls Club
- Clacton on Sea Unite Community
- Clacton Sea Cadets
- Clacton Victoria County History Group
- Cobnuts Co-operative
- Coffin Club Colchester
- Colchester and Tendring Youth Enquiry Service
- Colchester Chinese Cultural Society
- Colchester Gateway Club
- Corner House Care Ltd
- Creative Expression Community Group
- Crossroads Tendring and Colchester
- Harwich & District Community Crime Prevention Panel
- Harwich Connexions Transport
- Harwich International Shanty Festival
- Harwich Town Council
- Headway Essex
- Heart Mind & Soul
- Hindu Culture Heritage Centre Ltd
- Holland Community Association
- Holland Residents Association
- Home Start Colchester
- Home-Start Harwich
- Tendring Brass Band
- Tendring Careline
- Tendring Community Transport
- Tendring Model Railway Club
- Tendring Older People’s Forum
- Tendring Specialist Stroke Services
- Tendring Talking Newspaper Association
- Tendring Time Bank
- Tendring Tool Refurb
- Tendring Twinning Association
- The Ark Centre
- The Harwich Society
- The London Bus Theatre Company
- The Salvation Army
- The Tendring Furniture Scheme
- Thorrington Parish Council
What We Do
Find out what we do in Clacton
Find out what we do in Harwich
Find out what we do in Jaywick Sands
Find out what we do in Walton
FUNDING & SUPPORT
For local voluntary organisations & charities
Find out more about volunteering
Find out about our Social Prescribing Service
The Cultural Awareness Project
Find out about The Cultural Awareness Project
Find out more about HILL here
Join our networking event for community organisations - Book your place now!
Promoting resilient & dementia friendly communities in Tendring
Victorian Christmas Market
Book your stand and join other local fundraising charities at this popular event
Our community events offer a perfect platform for networking & information sharing
volunteer film 2021!
How social prescribing saved my life!